27 Feb 2014

Makeup Tutorial: Katy Perry Dark Horse

After seeing Katy Perry's new music video for Dark Horse, I really wanted to try out one of her makeup looks so I thought I'd do a little tutorial for you guys on how I did it on myself.
Katy Perry Dark Horse Makeup
To begin with I applied foundation all over my face and concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes. Then I applied some transparent powder all over my face to set the foundation.
Katy Perry Dark Horse Makeup
Apply gold eyeshadow to the inner eyelid and under the eye.
Katy Perry Dark Horse Makeup
Apply bright turquoise eyeshadow to the whole lid.
Katy Perry Dark Horse Makeup
Apply dark blue eyeshadow in the crease of your eye.
It looks a bit weird at the moment but it does all come together.
Katy Perry Dark Horse Makeup
Apply black eyeliner around the eye in the desired shape.
Katy Perry Dark Horse Makeup
Apply mascara on top and bottom lashes and then false lashes on the top.
Then I applied a peach blusher to my cheeks.

In the video Katy Perry wears this eye makeup with two different lipsticks so I tried out both. First up is the nude lipstick.
Katy Perry Dark Horse Makeup
Katy Perry Dark Horse Makeup
Then the pinky lipstick. I also realised I'd forgotten to fill in my brows so I done them at this point.
Katy Perry Dark Horse Makeup
Katy Perry Dark Horse Makeup
Personally I prefer the nude lipstick as it keeps the focus on the eyes.

Here's some close ups of the eye makeup.
Katy Perry Dark Horse Makeup
Katy Perry Dark Horse Makeup
Katy Perry's eyeshadow is also a bit more glittery but I don't have any proper glitter eyeshadows so I decided to put a bit of glittery lipgloss over the top of the eyeshadow to see how that would look.
Katy Perry Dark Horse Makeup
Products
Nyx Foundation in Ivory
Nyx Concealer in Light
Nyx Eyeshadow base
Nyx Eyeshadow in gold, turquoise and dark blue
Collection Eyeliner in Black
Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara in Black
False Lashes (no idea what brand they are as they were just wrapped in some tissue in my drawer.)
Nyx Blusher in Peach
Estee Lauder Lipstick in Vanilla Truffle
Glossybox Lipstick in Glossy
Benefit Hoola Lipgloss

I think the whole makeup look came out very well, I'm quite pleased with it. Let me know what you think?

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...